UPCOMING DESIGNATIONS and FUTURE EVENTS
See www.battleofbeaverdams.com for June 2013 events
commemorating the Bicentennial of the War of 1812.
Date of official designation in 2013 to be announced:
The Stewart House
40 Chapel St. South
This beautiful house was built in c.1860. It is a good example of transitional Georgian-Loyalist Neoclassical stone architecture.
It possesses significant historical importance through its continuity on the site, in spite of the impact the Welland Canal's evolution had on this residential area of Thorold.
For description and images of other designated properties, please click links below.
|Allanburg Heritage Oak Tree||Dominion Government Building||Moore-Lampman House|
|Allanburg United Church||East Side School Bell||Munro House|
|Allanburg Village Cemetery||Fire Bell||O'Brien House|
|Beaverdams Burying Grounds||First Presbyterian Church||Old Firehall|
|Beaverdams Methodist Church & Graveyard||Flannery House||Port Robinson Brick School|
|Calcott-Walker House||George Bouk House||Quebec Bank|
|Camp House||Grenville House||Robert Elliot House|
|Carl, Misener, Bald Cemetery||Griffiths House||Ross House|
|Carnegie Library||Kennedy-Ward House||St. Andrews Presbyterian Church|
|Carr-Millar-McMillan Block||L.G. Lorriman/Central School||Sir Edward Beatty House|
|Carter-Holland House||Lynch House||The Stone Store|
|Chestnut Hall||Macartney Drug Store||Tracy House|
|Constable House||Maplehurst||Trinity United Church|
|Decew Young House||Memorial Park||War Memorial|
|Decou House Monument||Millar House||Welland Canal 2nd River Lock|
|Dobbie House||Millstone - Welland Mills||Welland Mills|